Lead Pastor General Responsibilities
- Serve KHC as an Elder.
- Encourage and shepherd the spiritual formation of the congregation as the lead teacher/communicator.
- Provide directional and visionary leadership for the ministry of the church.
- Nurture and communicate the mission of the church to all Staff, Leadership, and Laity.
- Oversee and encourage multiplication of ministry (teaching, leadership, mission focus) by developing and empowering both the Staff and lay Leadership of the church.
- Oversee the planning and leading of worship services.
- Lead the staff through appropriate direction, supervision, evaluation, counsel, care, and accountability.
- Work with fellow Elders to oversee the spiritual needs of the body and the integrity of the ministry as it relates to KHC’s values and mission.
- Strategically represent KHC in the larger South Bay community.
- Maintain consistent Christian testimony; stay fresh in relationship with Jesus Christ, effective with family, and creative in ministry. Maintain relational, spiritual, and professional trust with other Elders and Staff.