Dear KHC family,
I am overwhelmingly encouraged by your participation in the diagnostic process and would like to extend my gratitude for your commitment to KHC. Over the past couple months, 563 of you took the online survey, almost 300 of you made time to tell your story, and 400 of you showed up for the initial oral report. Your engagement in the diagnostic is exciting and motivating to me. Thank you for continuing to be patient with this process and entrusting the Lord to provide direction for KHC. I have outlined some brief notes below that summarize next steps for us as a church:
Next Steps with the Diagnostic Report:
- The CRM team will be preparing the full Diagnostic Report for KHC over the next 4-6 weeks. Once we have that report, we will make it available to you.
- There will be a Leadership Community Gathering on Sunday Sept 13 from 4-6pm. This is an opportunity for those who are currently serving on a leadership team at KHC to reflect on the implications of the initial oral report. (This gathering will only be open to those who are currently leading ministries at KHC. The thought is that our current ministry leaders should have the first shot at processing the material and give input about moving forward.)
- In October, at/around the time we receive the final Diagnostic Report, we will begin holding a series of 4-5 all-church Summits. The goal of these Summits is to engage in a refocusing process that will aim to accomplish two things: 1) Implement the recommendations from the report and 2) Reaffirm our values, mission, and vision (we also have some theological work to do). As a church we want to listen afresh to God, discern God’s leading, and begin to clarify our future. Please stay tuned for more information. You can subscribe to this blog for regular updates (see upper right-hand corner).
Elder Team Update:
- At the request of the Pastoral Advisory Council (PAC) our current Elders voted to approve two amendments to the by-laws: 1) Reduce the minimum number of elders from 7 to 5 (preferring to start smaller and build) and 2) Allow an elder to resign.
- We have three men to be recommended to the congregation and are still interviewing for at least two more to present them all to the church for a vote of affirmation.
- The PAC is certain that KHC has many men who would make excellent elders. It is important to take into account that they are looking for the best candidates for this particular season in our church. The PAC is looking very carefully at calling, competence, character, and chemistry.
- Please pray for the CRM team as they write the final Diagnostic Report for KHC, taking into account the feedback from Sunday’s meeting.
- Please continue to pray for the reconstituting of our eldership team. The PAC is continuing to review packets and conduct interviews.
“But, as it is written, ‘What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him.’” – 1 Corinthians 2:9
Thank you for your love for God and for KHC!