It’s been a whirlwind! Certainly enjoyable, but a whirlwind nonetheless. There are so many strengths to build on at KHC during this revitalization season!
Here’s an update:
- I met with the Pastoral Council on Tues April 21. In total there were approximately 80 elder nominations. It will take some time to finalize an application and proceed with the vetting processes.
- I also took nominations from the staff and elders for a Transition Team (TT). The TT is a temporary servant-leadership team of 8-12 men and women with some administrative gifting and leadership potential to come alongside the Staff as the Elder Team is reconstituted to help guide us through this transitional season in our church. I have asked that they minimally meet the qualifications of deacons and deaconesses. Together with the Staff and reconstituting Elders Team, they will form a unified and gospel-centered guiding coalition that will serve KHC in this season of revitalization.
- We are in the process of updating Staff Role Descriptions. Bryan is first because he is taking over many of the responsibilities from Chad George. At this stage Bryan is the Pastor of Business and Finance. A standardized role description template is being developed and each staff member’s role description will be updated. Specific ministry objectives (MO’s) and personal objectives (PO’s) will be identified and agreed upon and then in a few months we will begin a series of developmental performance reviews.
This weekend we will hold “Family Gatherings” after each service. Please come with questions, thoughts, and input. We will have a chance to share more updates, provide some vision for this revitalization season, as well as listen to your thoughts, concerns, and ideas. A commitment to humble and respectful dialogue will be required to participate. We will review some basic guidelines as we begin.
- Saturday night: Grab a taco or two greet some friends and guests and we will meet in the Harbor Room.
- Sunday after the 9am service: Greet some friends and guests and then we will meet in the Harbor Room.
- Sunday after the 11am service: Greet some friends and guests and then we will stay in the Worship Center. We will provide some fruit and healthy snacks for after the service.
Everyone has been so kind and gracious to Linda and me. Thank you for the warm reception. We are very excited to walk with you during this revitalization opportunity!
Warmly, Gregg (& Linda)